I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! alum Kim Woodburn has been forced to put work on the sidelines for several weeks due to surgery. The TV star, who offers personal video greetings, took to Instagram with a straightforward message announcing: “We regret to tell you that Kim is unable to record further videos until Friday 7th March.” Alongside the plain image of black text on a grey background, Kim’s team explained in the caption: “Due to surgery to eye.” Kim, 82, didn’t offer any further information about her surgery, but her fans were quick to share their well wishes with the How Clean is Your House star. “Hope you’re okay dear Kim. Wishing you a speedy recovery,” one person said. “Get well soon, Kim. Sending love,” commented another, reports the Mirror.

Kim Woodburn has been forced to take time off work after undergoing emergency surgery
(Image: ITV / Rex Features)

Kim has previously opened up about her eyesight and said that she’s restricted in her left eye. Back in 2011 she told The Sun: “If you watch me carefully you will see I never stare at people and I blink a lot. If I do have to see something across the room I swivel my entire body around and look from my good eye.” She continued: “I was born with little or no sight in my right eye and not great sight in my left eye.” Kim was runner-up to Gino D’Acampo on I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! in 2009. Celeb chef Gino is currently under investigation due to claims of misconduct on his ITV shows. He “emphatically denies” the claims. Gino said in a full statement: “I have been told by ITN news that allegations have been made about me acting inappropriately, some dating back over ten years ago. I have never been made aware of these matters previously and the allegations are firmly denied. I would not do anything that I thought would upset or distress anyone. This is simply not in my nature. I do not recognise the version of events being put to me.

Kim was in the jungle in 2009, and recently spoke out about fellow contestant Gino D’Acampo

“Not only have these allegations never been raised with me before, I have been repeatedly supported by executives at the highest level and was commissioned on prime-time programmes during the period in which it is now suggested I was acting inappropriately. “I am a father, husband and have worked with well over 1,500 people on around 80 productions in my career, which I have been so proud of. I take such matters extremely seriously and the suggestion that I have acted in an improper way against is deeply upsetting.” Kim recently blasted Gino as a “full-of-himself little pig”. She also claimed to The Sun that he was “horrible” and that ITV gave him a great edit.

Categorized in:

Amazing, News,

Last Update: March 21, 2025