Gino D’Acampo has come under fire for alleged “distressing” and “sexually inappropriate” conduct following an investigation by ITV News. A group of individuals recounted incidents which were described as “unacceptable,” “distressing” and “horrendous” during their time working with Gino, spanning a period of over 12 years, reports the Mirror. In response to these allegations, Gino issued a statement to ITV News stressing: “I have been told by ITN news that allegations have been made about me acting inappropriately, some dating back over ten years ago.” He strongly refuted the claims, saying, “I have never been made aware of these matters previously and the allegations are firmly denied. I would not do anything that I thought would upset or distress anyone. This is simply not in my nature. I do not recognise the version of events being put to me.”

Gino has ‘firmly denied’ the allegations made by ‘dozens of people’, adding that they were ‘deeply upsetting’
(Image: ITV)

Gino further clarified, “Not only have these allegations never been raised with me before, I have been repeatedly supported by executives at the highest level and was commissioned on prime-time programmes during the period in which it is now suggested I was acting inappropriately. “I am a father, husband and have worked with well over 1,500 people on around 80 productions in my career, which I have been so proud of. I take such matters extremely seriously and the suggestion that I have acted in an improper way against is deeply upsetting.” The TV chef, who has made appearances on shows like ITV’s Family Fortunes and Gino and Fred: Emission Impossible, is facing allegations that date back over a decade. It’s reported that individuals were scared of potential repercussions if they ever spoke about their alleged encounters with the 48 year old. Gino has “firmly denied” the accusations made by “dozens” of people, stating that they were “deeply upsetting”. A woman, who has been given the pseudonym Hannah to protect her identity, has told an investigation that she was subjected to crude comments from Gino in 2011. She alleges that “Mr D’Acampo said he would “like to turn me over and f*** me up the a*** against the kitchen counter. ” The woman, whose identity has been safeguarded, claims that there were laughs from crew members after he made the comment. However, she says she noticed the “shock” and “horror”, alleging his supposed behaviour made her feel “very, very, very small.”

Gino D’Acampo is married to wife Jessica
(Image: WireImage)

Speaking to ITV News Correspondent Sejal Karia, Hannah added: “I definitely saw it as some kind of power play. The very act of what he said was aggressive. He did not think that was an inappropriate thing to say to me.” Gino’s legal team has fervently denied historical allegations. They said: “This allegation from almost 15 years ago has never, until now via a media request for comment, been raised or put to Mr D’Acampo. “He does not recall it, nor accept that this happened. Mr D’Acampo is horrified to be accused of ‘power play’ and an ‘aggressive act’. “He emphatically and unequivocally denies these allegations.”

Categorized in:

Amazing, News,

Last Update: March 21, 2025